Teleportation and D&D Standards

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2003
      Howdy, all--

      To start addressing some of the points that have come up
      recently, here's a note on Teleportation.

      Yes, the caveat that "Teleportation is instantaneous travel
      through the astral plane" is a hoary old D&Dism, but I left it in the
      power description because I basically decided what to keep and
      what to toss on a case-by-case basis. As ever, I reserve the right
      to make faulty judgments. ;) When I got around to teleportation, I
      thought that for the sake of d20 utility I might as well change as
      little as possible. I plan on giving Teleportation an expanded
      treatment in the June issue of NHCOJ, and one of the
      enhancements featured will be the "your teleportation doesn't
      involve the astral plane" switcheroo. Cheap, too.

      Cheers and best,

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
          > I plan on giving Teleportation an expanded
          > treatment in the June issue of NHCOJ, and one of the
          > enhancements featured will be the "your teleportation doesn't
          > involve the astral plane" switcheroo. Cheap, too.

          Cool! Putting on my GM hat, I personally would let one switch it
          from the Astral to a similar MO for free - if they want to create
          conduits through something more reasonable, like the Ethereal or
          hyperspace or whatever. :) It's just special effect.

          Now, if their MO for teleportation involves some extra
          functionality, that's another story! (Also, if there is ever
          a "Teleport Trace" ability, switching to another "special effect"
          may help throw it off. If you use controlled wormholes instead of
          the Ethereal, for example.)

          May I just add that you seem to be showing your teleportation
          deftness? Your entry seems to exist in two places at once. ;)

          The Shadow