Re: Doubts and such

    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2003
      --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "bohrier"
      <gremlin@t...> wrote:

      > 1) What would be the maximum EPs a 1st level character
      could have? I
      > have no idea what to aim for... seems to me they're much
      stronger
      > than they should, around 50 EPs

      Just remember: for every full 8 uncompensated EPs a character
      has, his Threat Rating rises by 1. This is the rough equivalent of
      a gain of 1 character level. For example, a 1st level character with
      32 uncompensated EPs worth of powers has a TR of 5, not 1. If
      your players have roughly 50 uncompensated EPs worth of stuff
      apiece, they're actually going to fight/operate like 7th level
      characters. Just plan your threats accordingly and everything will
      work out a-ok.

      Cheers!

      SL
    • Cabal
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2003
        Here's an Ego booster:
        DNW is number 19 on RPGNow's "Top 100 All categories this month".

        Woo Hoo!!

        WTG Scott!!!
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2003
          --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Cabal
          <slingbld@a...> wrote:
          > Here's an Ego booster:
          > DNW is number 19 on RPGNow's "Top 100 All categories this
          month".

          Aw, that's good, that's good... hopefully it'll get better. *The Book
          of Distinctions and Drawbacks* is in the mid-40s on the all-time,
          all-category list, and DNW hasn't yet sold... let me think... 1/40th
          as many copies.

          There are more products on RPGnow these days than there
          were even in February, and new products get just a bit less
          exposure on the front page as a result. However, once a product
          climbs into the top 15 or so on one of the hot seller charts, it
          tends to stay there a while thanks to self-reinforcing exposure
          feedback. I've been studying my RPGnow sales rather intensely,
          hoping to arrive at some universal rules of thumb. While DNW
          didn't start as strongly as the BODD, it's picking up a bit of speed
          as the days go by. On Monday, I'm going to announce the 'zine, a
          preview PDF, and a contest (!). Hopefully that'll lend some zing to
          sales.

          Cheers!