Re: Final Notes on the Contents of Rev 1.1

  • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
      --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "JohnnyPe <johnnype@e...>" <johnnype@e...> wrote:

      > Just a thought. I don't really like the fact that other than psionic
      > bolt, psionic skills and talents only do subdual damage. Compared to
      > your average hero, using subdual damage is not all that exiting. When
      > I think psionics I think of Akira, Scanners and Dark City. Why not
      > have them do real damage?

      Ah. You want eyeball-splortching head-explody powers.

      Done.

    • The Rusty
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003

        > Ah. You want eyeball-splortching head-explody powers.
        >
        > Done.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > SL

        Oh SURE... We can get that but NOT the much-needed "Random Midget
        Generator?" The shame of it all!!!

        :) :)

        Rusty
      • John Lorenzsonn
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
          --- The Rusty <therusty@...> wrote:

          > Oh SURE... We can get that but NOT the much-needed
          > "Random Midget
          > Generator?" The shame of it all!!!

          Take one Random Ninja. Change Size to Small. Instant
          Random Ninja Midget. After all, the only thing better
          than a midget or a ninja is a midget with REAL
          ULTIMATE POWER*!

          John
          *See http://www.realultimatepower.net for details

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • JohnnyPe <johnnype@earthlink.net>
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
            > Ah. You want eyeball-splortching head-explody powers.

            Yes. That's exactly what I want.

            > Done.

            Done? Done?? Just like that? I'm...speachless...

            Did I mention that you rock? Yes I thought I did.
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
              On 14 Feb 2003, at 19:46, JohnnyPe johnnype@earthlink.n wrote:

              > Just a thought. I don't really like the fact that other than psionic
              > bolt, psionic skills and talents only do subdual damage. Compared to
              > your average hero, using subdual damage is not all that exiting. When
              > I think psionics I think of Akira, Scanners and Dark City. Why not
              > have them do real damage?

              Erm, last I checked, stuff like Pyro/Cryokinesis did real damage. As did
              Telekinesis...

            • Patrick Gray
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
                Is there a way to create Ghost Rider? I'm having trouble recreating him. The
                flaming undead body and his penance stare are the ones giving me the most
                trouble.

                Thanks

              • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 15, 2003
                  --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gray" <plugray@h...> wrote:
                  > Is there a way to create Ghost Rider? I'm having trouble recreating him. The
                  > flaming undead body and his penance stare are the ones giving me the most
                  > trouble.

                  Penance stare? Tell me a bit about his powers... I'm not really familiar with Ghost Rider. Even if I can't cook him up in 1.0, I can make sure 1.1 is
                  flexible enough to create him with some measure of accuracy.

                • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 15, 2003
                    > On 14 Feb 2003, at 19:46, JohnnyPe johnnype@e... wrote:

                    > Erm, last I checked, stuff like Pyro/Cryokinesis did real damage. As did
                    > Telekinesis...

                    Yes, they do. I've been meaning to add a Scanners/Akira sort of eyeball-boiling brain-exploding nose-bleeding vessel-hemmhoraging psi power for
                    some time. Johnny's note helped me suddenly realize how I could do it.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 15, 2003
                      On 15 Feb 2003, at 13:24, cryptosnark cryptosnark@yahoo wrote:

                      > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Palmer of the Turks" <palmeroftheturks@c...> wrote:
                      > > On 14 Feb 2003, at 19:46, JohnnyPe johnnype@e... wrote:
                      >
                      > > Erm, last I checked, stuff like Pyro/Cryokinesis did real damage. As did
                      > > Telekinesis...
                      >
                      > Yes, they do. I've been meaning to add a Scanners/Akira sort of eyeball-boiling brain-exploding nose-bleeding vessel-hemmhoraging psi power for
                      > some time. Johnny's note helped me suddenly realize how I could do it.

                      Head-explody can be fun.

                      *ponders* Let me guess... the logic behind it is that the psion projects a
                      command into the non-conscious center of the brain that regulates
                      autonomic processes like respiration and pulse rate and tells it to kick into
                      overdrive, huh?

                      *lightbulb* You could use that same basis (whether or not it was the basis
                      you were thinking) to enable "utility" powers, like "induce adrenaline rush"
                      and such. Mucking around with brain chemistry can do a lot of interesting
                      things...

                    • sybr007 <sybr007@yahoo.com>
                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 19, 2003
                        Man o Man. Better and better. My only semi complaint with this game
                        is that you have SOO much great stuff in it that it was painful to
                        look up anything (notice I said semi complaint, IE how do you
                        complain about More great stuff :)). This will make it SOO much
                        better to page through it.

                        As has been said by lots of others, YOU ROCK!! (...ducks as
                        thermonuclear explosion goes off over the horizon)

                        Sanjay.

                        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "cryptosnark