Re: Final Notes on the Contents of Rev 1.1

  • JohnnyPe <johnnype@earthlink.net>
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
      --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "cryptosnark
      <cryptosnark@y...>" <cryptosnark@y...> wrote:
      > This is my final notice on the contents of 1.1. In addition to
      > expanded feats and powers lists, more psionic skills and
      > talents,

      <snip>

      > If you have anything, anything at all not on this list that you
      think
      > *should* be on it, then by all means pipe up now.

      Just a thought. I don't really like the fact that other than psionic
      bolt, psionic skills and talents only do subdual damage. Compared to
      your average hero, using subdual damage is not all that exiting. When
      I think psionics I think of Akira, Scanners and Dark City. Why not
      have them do real damage?
    • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
        --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "JohnnyPe <johnnype@e...>" <johnnype@e...> wrote:

        > Just a thought. I don't really like the fact that other than psionic
        > bolt, psionic skills and talents only do subdual damage. Compared to
        > your average hero, using subdual damage is not all that exiting. When
        > I think psionics I think of Akira, Scanners and Dark City. Why not
        > have them do real damage?

        Ah. You want eyeball-splortching head-explody powers.

        Done.

      • The Rusty
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003

          > Ah. You want eyeball-splortching head-explody powers.
          >
          > Done.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > SL

          Oh SURE... We can get that but NOT the much-needed "Random Midget
          Generator?" The shame of it all!!!

          :) :)

          Rusty
        • John Lorenzsonn
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
            --- The Rusty <therusty@...> wrote:

            > Oh SURE... We can get that but NOT the much-needed
            > "Random Midget
            > Generator?" The shame of it all!!!

            Take one Random Ninja. Change Size to Small. Instant
            Random Ninja Midget. After all, the only thing better
            than a midget or a ninja is a midget with REAL
            ULTIMATE POWER*!

            John
            *See http://www.realultimatepower.net for details

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • JohnnyPe <johnnype@earthlink.net>
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
              > Ah. You want eyeball-splortching head-explody powers.

              Yes. That's exactly what I want.

              > Done.

              Done? Done?? Just like that? I'm...speachless...

              Did I mention that you rock? Yes I thought I did.
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
                On 14 Feb 2003, at 19:46, JohnnyPe johnnype@earthlink.n wrote:

                > Just a thought. I don't really like the fact that other than psionic
                > bolt, psionic skills and talents only do subdual damage. Compared to
                > your average hero, using subdual damage is not all that exiting. When
                > I think psionics I think of Akira, Scanners and Dark City. Why not
                > have them do real damage?

                Erm, last I checked, stuff like Pyro/Cryokinesis did real damage. As did
                Telekinesis...

              • Patrick Gray
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 14, 2003
                  Is there a way to create Ghost Rider? I'm having trouble recreating him. The
                  flaming undead body and his penance stare are the ones giving me the most
                  trouble.

                  Thanks

                • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 15, 2003
                    --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gray" <plugray@h...> wrote:
                    > Is there a way to create Ghost Rider? I'm having trouble recreating him. The
                    > flaming undead body and his penance stare are the ones giving me the most
                    > trouble.

                    Penance stare? Tell me a bit about his powers... I'm not really familiar with Ghost Rider. Even if I can't cook him up in 1.0, I can make sure 1.1 is
                    flexible enough to create him with some measure of accuracy.

                  • cryptosnark <cryptosnark@yahoo.com>
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 15, 2003
                      > On 14 Feb 2003, at 19:46, JohnnyPe johnnype@e... wrote:

                      > Erm, last I checked, stuff like Pyro/Cryokinesis did real damage. As did
                      > Telekinesis...

                      Yes, they do. I've been meaning to add a Scanners/Akira sort of eyeball-boiling brain-exploding nose-bleeding vessel-hemmhoraging psi power for
                      some time. Johnny's note helped me suddenly realize how I could do it.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 15, 2003
                        On 15 Feb 2003, at 13:24, cryptosnark cryptosnark@yahoo wrote:

                        > --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Palmer of the Turks" <palmeroftheturks@c...> wrote:
                        > > On 14 Feb 2003, at 19:46, JohnnyPe johnnype@e... wrote:
                        >
                        > > Erm, last I checked, stuff like Pyro/Cryokinesis did real damage. As did
                        > > Telekinesis...
                        >
                        > Yes, they do. I've been meaning to add a Scanners/Akira sort of eyeball-boiling brain-exploding nose-bleeding vessel-hemmhoraging psi power for
                        > some time. Johnny's note helped me suddenly realize how I could do it.

                        Head-explody can be fun.

                        *ponders* Let me guess... the logic behind it is that the psion projects a
                        command into the non-conscious center of the brain that regulates
                        autonomic processes like respiration and pulse rate and tells it to kick into
                        overdrive, huh?

                        *lightbulb* You could use that same basis (whether or not it was the basis
                        you were thinking) to enable "utility" powers, like "induce adrenaline rush"
                        and such. Mucking around with brain chemistry can do a lot of interesting
                        things...

                      • sybr007 <sybr007@yahoo.com>
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 19, 2003
                          Man o Man. Better and better. My only semi complaint with this game
                          is that you have SOO much great stuff in it that it was painful to
                          look up anything (notice I said semi complaint, IE how do you
                          complain about More great stuff :)). This will make it SOO much
                          better to page through it.

                          As has been said by lots of others, YOU ROCK!! (...ducks as
                          thermonuclear explosion goes off over the horizon)

                          Sanjay.