2955Re: [deedsnotwordsd20] Any Word on this game

    Jun 8, 2007

      The legal status of the game is that Scott Lynch passed his copyrights to Jayson Stevens and Orion Ussner Kidder (me) as of two years ago. The first two editions of DNW, 1.0 and 1.1, should be considered abandonware. You may share them freely. That is our official stance. If you ordered copies of DNW or any other Cryptosnark books and never received them, we can try to arrange uploads of the files, though we can't guarantee that we have them all between us.

      The real news, though, is that DNW has transformed into The Phoenix Project RPG, whom you can email at <phoenixprojectrpg@...> or visit on our new discussion board, <http: games.groups.yahoo.com/group/phoenixprojectrpg/>. Phoenix is an expansion pack for d20 Modern, instead of the standalone game that was DNW. A second edition of DNW is planned for "sometime in the future," but for now, Phoenix is what's on offer. Come join us!

      On 02/06/07, cody4us <cody4us@...> wrote:

      What is the legal status of the game?
      Does someone own the rights?

      Cody Knotts
      The Weekly Recorder

      -Orion Ussner Kidder

      Humanities Centre Rm. 340
      Department of English & Film
      University of Alberta
      Phone: 780-492-2437

      "For the legions of aging readers,  what else
      are serial superhero stories but perpetually
      running narrative machines--an endless
      supply of nostalgia?"

      -Sean Howe, "Give Our Regards to the
      Atom-Smashers: Writers on Comics"