Re: [deedsnotwordsd20] total noob questions on ep's ...

(2944)
  • Palmer of the Turks
    Jan 14, 2005 Expand Messages
      On 13 Jan 2005, at 22:55, cjtaylor01 wrote:

      > Hi everyone, I'd like to take this opportunity to
      > apologise in advance for asking something that
      > may have been answerd in previous threads
      > (although I havn't been able to find anything on
      > these questions.)

      Don't worry, it would be a pain to find the answers in the archives anyways.

      > a) In the feats section it says that additional feats
      > can be purchased with ep's but it doesn't say how
      > many ep's a feat costs. I'm assuming they cost 1
      > ep each is that right?

      2 EP each, actually. It was left out as a typo, unfortunately.

      > b) are there any ways of gaining ep's after you
      > initially put together your character without taking
      > a tithe (like swapping out a feats for ep(s) or a class
      > where you gain ep(s) at various levels)

      Strictly speaking, no. In DNW 2.0 (which i'm working on) it will include gaining EP
      every level as a standard feature, but it will basically phase out the Tithe in it's place.

      An optional rule that developed in later supplements is that if you gain extra
      Weapon/Armor proficiencies, and don't want them, you can trade them in for 1 EP
      each.

      Other than that, there's no rules regarding this.
      If you DO want to give EP every level, you might want to try the version I'm working
      with for 2.0 currently.
      1: Limit the size of tithe everyone can take, or make it so everyone has the same
      number of uncompensated EP.
      2: Do NOT give characters the extra feat every 3 levels and extra stat point every 4
      levels. They gain class bonuses normally, though.
      3: Give them 1 EP every level they gain, plain and simple. They can save them or
      spend them right away. They CANNOT be used to reduce tithe (that breaks the
      system), only to improve from where they are.

      > c) under the heading for mutants it says they get 4
      > compensated ep's but the Cyclops example it says
      > Cyclops has 18, where did the other 12 come from?

      Complications :)

      Hero’s Code: Loyalty (2)
      Hero’s Code: Mercy (2)
      Nemesis: Villain (Magneto; 4)
      Nemesis: Media (Anti-Mutant Lobby; 4)
      Dependent (Junior X-Trainees; 2)

      That makes 14, plus 4 for Mutant makes 18.