      Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 10:07 PM
      Subject: [deedsnotwordsd20] Re: Damage/Defense balance question

      --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, "Palmer of the Turks"
      <palmer@s...> wrote:

      > The other idea I have is to make the Super Damage bonus a flat (or
      somewhat flat)
      > bonus on top of regular Strength damage... like +4 Super Damage per
      EP.

      > So Str 45 (+17) with 12 EP of Super Damage would do 17+48=65 Damage
      total.

      > Or make the bonus per EP grow... like +4 per EP for the first 4, +5
      for the next 4, +6
      > for the next 4... like so
      >
      > EP    Bonus        EP     Bonus
      > 1       +4           8     +36
      > 2       +8           9     +42
      > 3       +12         10     +48
      > 4       +16         11     +54
      > 5       +21         12     +60
      > 6       +26         13     +67
      > 7       +31         14     +74

      This would not only work for super strong characters, but would also
      be a good way to simulate the super martial artists that pop up in
      the
      comics.  The kind that have only "normal" strength, but know where
      and
      how to hit someone to do incredible damage.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic