1358Re: Doubts and such

    May 2, 2003
      --- In deedsnotwordsd20@yahoogroups.com, Cabal
      <slingbld@a...> wrote:
      > Here's an Ego booster:
      > DNW is number 19 on RPGNow's "Top 100 All categories this

      Aw, that's good, that's good... hopefully it'll get better. *The Book
      of Distinctions and Drawbacks* is in the mid-40s on the all-time,
      all-category list, and DNW hasn't yet sold... let me think... 1/40th
      as many copies.

      There are more products on RPGnow these days than there
      were even in February, and new products get just a bit less
      exposure on the front page as a result. However, once a product
      climbs into the top 15 or so on one of the hot seller charts, it
      tends to stay there a while thanks to self-reinforcing exposure
      feedback. I've been studying my RPGnow sales rather intensely,
      hoping to arrive at some universal rules of thumb. While DNW
      didn't start as strongly as the BODD, it's picking up a bit of speed
      as the days go by. On Monday, I'm going to announce the 'zine, a
      preview PDF, and a contest (!). Hopefully that'll lend some zing to

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic