Re: [decentralization] Laptop Versus Axe

  • Zooko O'Whielacronx
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2009
      On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM, David Barrett <dbarrett@...> wrote:

      > 1) Upload a receipt to any server using HTTP PUT
      > 2) Fetch a receipt image from any server using HTTP GET
      > 3) Automatically balance redundant storage such that DNS load balancing
      > "just works" for both uploads and downloads
      >
      > Does it do this out of the box by some miracle?

      Well, yeah it is pretty close to this already. The Tahoe web API
      listens for PUT and GET, as documented here:

      http://allmydata.org/trac/tahoe/browser/docs/frontends/webapi.txt

      (This is similar but not identical to the S3 API. I keep thinking we
      should try to make them more similar, or put an S3 layer on the Tahoe
      web api... If you experiment with converting from S3 to Tahoe please
      let us know what you learn.)

      Give it a try!

      Regards,

      Zooko