NYFU Volunteers Meeting for P2P Action, Saturday 11 December 2004

  • Seth Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2004
      For those of you in the New York area.

      Seth

      what="official New Yorkers for Fair Use announcement">

      New Yorkers for Fair Use will meet at 6:30 pm Saturday 11
      December 2004.

      NYFU and many organizations, tribes, and free lances will
      attend the FTC P2P Workshop on 15 and 16 December 2004:

      http://www.nyfairuse.org/action/ftc

      At this NYFU meeting we will make arrangements to get down
      to the FTC P2P Workshop and present our case.

      We will meet at the the Gyro Pizza and Bagel Place on the
      corner of Third Avenue and Eighth Street on the Island of the
      Manahattoes, likely in the back. The Gyro Place has several
      names. The location is also called Astor Place and also St.
      Marks and Third Avenue. There are two subway stops nearby:
      Eighth Street NRW, Astor Place Lexington Avenue Line.

      NYFU will be in Washington on 15 December 2004 to present to the
      FTC facts and principles not yet well understood among
      legislators, judges, and regulators. One of the things NYFU
      will argue for is that there are two distinct usages of the
      phrase "peer to peer", and that it is dangerous to conflate the
      two. We need your help to convey this, and more, to the FTC. If
      you believe you have the right to own a computer and use your
      computer as you wish in the privacy of your house, and you are
      willing to work in defense of this right, come to this meeting.
      If you believe that the First Amendment to the Constitution of
      the United States, and the Fourth too, apply to our use of our
      Net, and you are willing to work in the common defense of our
      Great Commons, come to this meeting.

      In particular, at this meeting we will make arrangements to get
      folk down to Washington DC in good time for the FTC Workshop,
      and we will get housing for those who stay overnight. So if
      you want to come down to Washington DC with New Yorkers for
      Fair Use, and speak before the FTC for Freedom of the Net, come
      to this meeting.

      New Yorkers for Fair Use
      DRM is Theft! We are the Stakeholders!
      http://www.nyfairuse.org