Re: [decentralization] decentralization and Mobile phones

  • S. Mike Dierken
    Message 1 of 74 , Jul 8, 2004
      "Objects are created by class factories, each identified by IP address.
      Every instance of an object has its own IP address."
      I'd stay clear of remote object approaches - look into REST for scalable
      network architectures. Even if you do want to do object references, you may
      want to use a layer above IP for identification of application-layer data
      elements.

      Message 74 of 74 , Jul 21, 2004
        Interesting tangent:

        "The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
        announced Tuesday that it had begun adding IPv6 addresses to the DNS
        root server system, which maintains the master list of domain names."