An Internet-scale web services model

  • Tyler Close
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2003
      I've written a paper that introduces the web-calculus, a model for
      Internet-scale web services. The web-calculus is a derivative of
      the WWW's REST architectural model. The paper explains this
      derivation by studying the common design challenges faced by the
      WWW and web services. This study motivates use of REST design
      constraints in a web services model. The web-calculus is defined
      through extension of HTTP.

      The goal of the web-calculus is to enable the same kind of
      impromptu collaboration in web services that we see in information
      sharing on the WWW. As this is a topic near and dear to list
      members, I am hoping for some interesting feedback.

      The paper is at:

      http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/REST/

      Tyler

      --
      The union of REST and capability-based security:
      http://www.waterken.com/dev/Web/