De-Centralizing SNs

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
      http://blogs.salon.com/0002007/

      The explosive growth in Social Networking sites is starting to develop a
      backlash where people are asking for personal control of their profile
      information. An idea is appearing with names like Personal Identity
      Server, Personal Content Management. The gist being an automated About
      Page with a similar footprint to Movable Type that exports selective
      personal data to sites that need an account record via a standard
      protocol.

      Technologies like FOAF, RSS, Atom, Single Signon (Liberty) along with
      systems that discover relationship information like Spoke/Plaxo/IRC bots
      all contribute to this.

      Anyone up for building an MT-Plugin?

      Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
      Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/
      Personal WebLog: http://www.voidstar.com/
      M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173 T: +44 (0)192 0412 433
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
        A bloxsom plugin, maybe. What do you have in mind?

      • ydoi@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2004
          JFYI, a Japanese developper created foafxom.

          http://bulknews.net/lib/foafxom/

          Yusuke (but I'm using pyblosxom)