Re: [decentralization] new job...

  • Bob La Quey
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2003
      At 04:53 AM 4/25/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >Job openings...
      >
      >Gentlemen,
      >A job posting has been posted below, please follow instructions
      >carefully while responding.

      I am perfect but not careful. So sad. Nonetheless I will do my best.

      >Distributed Computing developer (1 Project lead and 4 developers) -
      >CODE : DIST-USA
      >
      ># Experience in Java and/or Linux (c, c++), XML, and research in
      >distributed computing and/or clustering

      No doubt it would also be useful to be expert in Cobol, PALASM,
      Forth, Perl, Eiffel, and BeYond, DuFour and Y2K.

      Not to mention, NooWah, DooWah, YooWah and Effortless.

      >* Desirable technical scope: interest in research and development in
      >the area of consumer applications as well as enabling technologies and
      >middleware for embedded systems and networked appliances, such as
      >Jini, UPnP, MHP, OSGI and HAVI

      Hard core work on refrigerators for RVs using 4 bit microcontrollers
      is especially relevant, but only if implemented with Xilinx chips using
      the Lingua Rvia.

      as well as NoYet, HasBeen and YABI, DABI, and SABI

      not to mention .Not and CouldBe.

      Extra points will be given for strong Farsi skiils.

      Still more for candidates who speak Pampangan,
      Wah! Mnyamin.

      >* Experience in indexing, parsing, scripting and porting java
      >applications is a plus.

      Also a plus is detailed knowledge of the machine codes associated
      with an IBM 360 as represented in SymBol or BeYond.

      YACC, Bison, various versions of BuuuFaLOw are even more useful.

      Not to forget SNOBOL. GOOFBOL and CRUDBOL.

      And SHappens and NoFear, and especially NoFarts.

      >* Knowledge of industry standards in programming and development of
      >applications on the same basis is greatly desired.

      Please acknowledge detailed experience with RFC 1149

      >* Other pluses include knowledge in database systems, distributed
      >system design and integration, ERD and UML modeling as well as
      >familiarity of application workflow technologies and concepts.

      Still more relevant is HRFlow and PUBICmov, as well as relational
      attributional deuteronomy in heavily contextual genisal flows.

      Extra credit will be given to candidates who demonstrate heavily
      evolved genetic algorithms as well as work with LINDA and RAM.

      >* General knowledge regarding Intel StrongARM or XScale processors;
      >Linux wireless (802.11) drivers; and MIPS also a plus.

      The abiltiy to trace these architectures back to their origins
      in the 4004 and prove their evolution via simplex algorthms al a
      Knuth is however essential.

      DUPS is far more relevant than MIPS so knowledge of the DUPS
      environment will count for extra points.

      >* Linux kernel development experience is also a plus.

      Especially important is the work on micro kernels based on LInux.

      >* Java developers with experience in clustering and distributed
      >computing are strongly encouraged to apply.

      But only when that experience has been based on P2P JVMs.

      Or to nulldev@...

      >Please name the files appripriately ( e.g. lastname_fullname_resume.doc )

      Or fool_foolmeonce.sloc

      >A response will be sent within 3 weeks.

      Or at the next mating of the giant tortoises of the Galapagos Islands.

      Anytime,

      Forever,

      Roberto
    • coderman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2003
        Bob La Quey wrote:

        > No doubt it would also be useful to be expert in Cobol, PALASM,
        > Forth, Perl, Eiffel, and BeYond, DuFour and Y2K.

        > Extra points will be given for strong Farsi skiils.
        >
        > Still more for candidates who speak Pampangan,
        > Wah! Mnyamin.

        Hot damn, finally a job that can utilize my unique skill set
        to reify my self empowered abilities...