NY Times: Napster users mourn end of free music

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2000

      A Napster fan who posted an anonymous note on an Internet message board yesterday afternoon may have best articulated the reaction of the music-swapping service's users to the news that they may no longer be able to use Napster to copy as much music as they want, free:

      "This is the end, my only friend, the end," wrote the fan, "No. 5446," quoting The Doors. "It hurts to set you free, but you'll never follow me."

      "Sniff, sing it 5446, bwaaaaaaa," another user replied.