Re: [decentralization] msft "darknet" paper on drm, p2p etc. (fwd)

  • Kevin Prichard
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2002
      "darknet"... i've never heard p2p etc referred to this way. Seems to be
      pejorative coinage, perhaps meant to increase negative sentiment toward
      filesharing activities? Not a difficult guess considering the mission
      some of the paper's authors are tasked with. I'd bet better than even
      money, though, that if it ever came into some kinda common use, it would
      be popular among p2p users rather than the public, journalists, pundits,
      etc.