scheduling simulation tool pointer

  • buyya
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2001
      FYI,

      ---------------
      Dear Colleague:

      We are pleased to announce the release of GridSim Toolkit (version
      1.0) along with source
      code under the GPL license. It is available for download from
      the GridSim Project website:
      http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~rajkumar/gridsim/
      http://www.buyya.com/gridsim/

      GridSim, a Java based discrete event simulation package, supports
      modeling and simulation
      of heterogeneous parallel and distributed systems (such as SMPs,
      clusters, P2P?, and
      Grids), users and applications. It enables design and performance
      evaluation of scheduling
      algorithms and systems. The toolkit provides concurrent entities for
      creation of
      application tasks, mapping of tasks to resources and their management.
      It has a number of
      concurrent entities that extend GridSim class to represent Grid
      Resource, Grid Information
      Service (GIS), Grid Statistics, etc. The users also create concurrent
      entities such as
      multiple Grid Users and Resources by extending the
      GridSim class. All entities can communicate using Send and Receive
      primitives. A sample
      implementation of a Grid Resource Broker that simulates Nimrod-G like
      scheduler is
      included in the current software release.

      For further details, please see our project website or contact us by
      email.

      The toolkit will undergo continuos enhancement and we welcome your
      participation and
      encourage you to become co-author of future versions of the software.

      INVITATION: If you would like to become a member of the GridSim
      community and author
      modules and involve in enhancement, please let us know.

      We welcome your comments, suggestions, cooperation, and involvement in
      improving the
      toolkit.

      We would like to take this opportunity to wish you a happy and
      prosperous new year.

      Thank you very much.

      Best wishes
      Raj
      On behalf of the GridSim Team!
      Rajkumar Buyya
      School of Computer Science and Software Engineering
      Monash University, C5.41, Caulfield Campus
      Melbourne, VIC 3145, Australia
      Phone: +61-3-9903 1969 (office); +61-3-9571 3629 (home)
      Fax: +61-3-9903 2863; eFax: +1-801-720-9272
      Email: rajkumar@... | rajkumar@...