RE: [decentralization] Mailing lists

  • Michael Herman (Parallelspace)
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 18, 2001
      Re: To be a gateway ... needs mirroring of groove info outwards as well
      as mirroring email inwards

      Yes, inbound and outbound would ultimately be needed.

      The most likely scenario would be POP3 inbound to a server bot (as
      described below) and for outbound, to "help" insure that new postings
      into the DDD Groove space are sent from the actual poster, new postings
      to an e-mail enabled Groov Discussion tool would trigger the creation of
      an outbound e-mail that would be posted to an SMTP server (the person's
      regular remote SMTP server - most likely the same one their e-mail
      client uses today).

      Maybe I'm making too much of this but no local mail servers are needed
      on each person's machine. However, the discussion does help clarify how
      P2P architectures can/should be used
      (http://www.parallelspace.net/knowledge/default.htm#PSNDTSGNENTSOLN).

      Michael.
      CTO, Parallelspace Corporation