MS ( was WG, per Sergei Osokin)

    Message 1 of 29 , Jun 3, 2001
      Efforts to describe Microsoft as good or evil are wrong headed, which is why the
      religious war never ends. Any corporation of this size has too many dimensions
      to be characterized that simply. Is it pathetic to resort to government
      intervention via monopoly laws? Hardly. Both Microsoft and their competitors
      are playing the game with everything at their disposal. Pathetic is when either
      one side fails to play conscientiously.

      Sometimes Microsoft uses warm fuzzy tactics, like open protocols. Sometimes
      they use cold hard tactics, like product tying. Either way good strategy
      requires clear sight, as broad as possible an understanding, and focus on the
      goal.

      Go ahead and fight for your own turf using Microsoft as an ally or an enemy.
      They don't mind either way. What makes it an honorable fight is whether you do
      a good job.

      - Lucas
    • Nick Lothian
      Message 2 of 29 , Jun 3, 2001
        > Now, this is America

        Hmm... not where I sit, it isn't! (just making the point that "obvious"
        assumptions aren't always correct) *S*

        Nick