Decentralization and exhastive searches: mutually exclusive?

  • Alex Future Bokov
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
    • mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000

        > One solution is to decouple the searching data-space from the content
        > data-space and have seperate logical networks for them (seperate
        > logical networks, even if many physical nodes do both).

        The most efficient way to implement exhaustive searches on a decentralized network is
        to decouple the data space and the index space in time. The problem is the "time to
        live" of the search packets.
        The compromise is to insulate the user from the network, so searches are no
        longer network traffic. (Ex: Fidonet and BBS')