Re: p2p working group/standards

  • allenjs@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 13, 2001
      > is a workable approach. There doesn't need to be One True
      > Language, just something better than the current tower of babel.

      Just an observation; the tower is what we are building. The
      destruction or disruption of our last 2000 years or so of
      tower building (and sooo close) by a jealous God is what
      we're trying to avoid :-)
    • Ben Houston
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 20, 2001
        Justin Chapweske said:
        > ... switch to SHA-1.
        >
        > The biggest group that I havn't yet talked to about this is the Gnutella
        > guys, but I'm sure they'd be into it as well. Any Gnutellians on the
        > list?

        Probably going to SHA-1 isn't too big of a problem. I'll bring it up with
        those that I know. Interestingly, there are ways to add file hashes within
        the existing protocol specifications - it should even be backwards
        compatible.

        Cheers,
        -ben houston
        http://www.exocortex.org/~ben