Re: [decentralization] p2p working group/standards

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 12, 2001
      >>Granted (and to some extent, agreed), but this doesn't really answer the
      question.

      OK, you're right of course.

      My own believe is that IETF and W3C are already working on this stuff.

      If I want to work with a standard body for peer protocols that's where I'm
      going.

      Dave
    • Ben Houston
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 20, 2001
        Justin Chapweske said:
        > ... switch to SHA-1.
        >
        > The biggest group that I havn't yet talked to about this is the Gnutella
        > guys, but I'm sure they'd be into it as well. Any Gnutellians on the
        > list?

        Probably going to SHA-1 isn't too big of a problem. I'll bring it up with
        those that I know. Interestingly, there are ways to add file hashes within
        the existing protocol specifications - it should even be backwards
        compatible.

        Cheers,
        -ben houston
        http://www.exocortex.org/~ben