7176Re: [decentralization] directional motion

  • David Barrett
    May 18, 2014
      To take a contrarian view, are you sure that decline of "open" standardized protocols is really a bad thing?  We've moved away from slow, centralized protocol arbitration bodies -- which operate on the order of years -- in favor of a hugely decentralized economy of custom protocols -- which evolve daily, and which are compatible to the degree compatibility creates value for the end user.  I count that as a good thing.

      -david

      On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Lucas Gonze lucas@... [decentralization] <decentralization@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That's bit to say there aren't use cases.  Just that they don't include apps which need global scale.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic