6780Re: [decentralization] Re: Mobility Architecture -- feedback

  • Johannes Ernst
    Sep 4, 2004
      There's actually a range of new things showing up on the market. From
      push-to-talk, over friend-finder, to mesh networking and, yes,
      bluejacking. Vodafone has some interesting "slideware" (pardon-me,
      Flash-ware) on their website as well. Intel Research in Berkeley does
      interesting stuff as well (blogged about it at
      http://netmesh.info/blog/Related%20Writings/intel-research-street-
      talk.html)

      What interests us (Joaquin and me) most is what impact these emerging
      layers in the networking/communications stack have on software
      architecture. E.g. the process of "create JAR, identify JDBC data
      source, put on app server" does not really work any more ... so what
      are the requirements that impact what the "new" architecture needs to
      be?

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic