6778Re: Mobility Architecture -- feedback

  • McMeikan, Andrew
    Sep 2 6:31 PM
      One thing that is not covered is P2P with mobile devices, you seem more
      focused on client/server.

      It would be nice to have a device that can oppourtunisticaly network with
      other devices providing a communication system that while slow should
      provide a close to zero cost for message delivery.

      Such a system would only be useful where the messages are not critical yet
      where persistant contact paths exist its convienience and non-reliance on
      infrastructure would be beneficial.

      Protocol would be of the form 'if you see person x let them know y', hashes
      of short messages and their destination could be broadcast with recievers
      checking the destination against previous contact paths. If free space
      allows the reciever could request the message on a best try basis. As
      storage and unit use densities increase this method will work better.

      cya, Andrew...