6633Re: [decentralization] Dynamic Networking

  • Justin Chapweske
    Apr 23, 2004

      > > True, but with Microsoft's recent SDKs, it looks like using IPv6 for a
      > > single application might be feasible since the whole thing appears to
      > > be
      > > tunnelable over IPv4 UDP.
      >
      > I mentioned this a while back, and people complained that Windows 9x,
      > Mac OS X, and Linux don't support Teredo, so you have no hope of your
      > app "just working" on multiple platforms.

      I have no doubt that those platforms would catch up pretty fast if a
      popular application was using Teredo. OS X and Linux do a pretty good
      job of assimilating systems-level technologies like this.

      --
      Justin Chapweske - Founder, Onion Networks
      http://onionnetworks.com/

      Transfer large files 900% faster than FTP with Onion Networks' WAN
      Transport(tm). http://onionnetworks.com/products_wantransport.php
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic