6632Re: [decentralization] Dynamic Networking

  • Wes Felter
    Apr 23, 2004
      On Apr 23, 2004, at 9:25 AM, Justin Chapweske wrote:

      >> Generalised IPv6 across the web feels just as remote as it did 3 years
      >> ago. There's more and more NAT everywhere as private users install
      >> WLAN
      >> routers on their broadband. The problem of public addressability isn't
      >> going away. It's getting worse.
      >
      > True, but with Microsoft's recent SDKs, it looks like using IPv6 for a
      > single application might be feasible since the whole thing appears to
      > be
      > tunnelable over IPv4 UDP.

      I mentioned this a while back, and people complained that Windows 9x,
      Mac OS X, and Linux don't support Teredo, so you have no hope of your
      app "just working" on multiple platforms.

      Wes Felter - wesley@... - http://felter.org/wesley/
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic