6590Re: [decentralization] Creative Commons warrantees and emergent networks

    Dec 1, 2003
      There are several threads here. One is to about observing a pattern
      where damage in emergent networks can be more or less localized for a
      variety of reasons, including legal. Another is about the Creative
      Commons warrantee, which may affect the degree to which damage is
      localized. Another is about whether the CC warrantee is good or bad.

      There's another, less visible, theme, which is *all* effects of CC
      licensing on emergent networks: CC-tagged resources always have
      metadata, and that should make them more useful.

      - Lucas

      On Sunday, Nov 30, 2003, at 20:13 America/New_York, Mike Linksvayer
      wrote:
      > I think you were also making a far broader point concerning whether
      > a network is damaged more if individual nodes are heavily damaged
      > or damage is spread around a subgraph -- no idea, and feels like it
      > needs more definition.

      > Many people don't like the warranty. I notice you recently added
      > a comment to <http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/3681>, a blog
      > entry about the issue. Warranties in all likelyhood will be optional
      > in some form in v2 of the CC licenses.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic