6512RE: [decentralization] Re: P2P conference directory

  • cefn.hoile@bt.com
    Jul 18, 2003
      Sam,

      I must admit, having played with a few, I have found that TWiki is about
      the best compromise between ease of use and functionality.

      I cannot claim to have undertaken an exhaustive survey of Wikis, but
      there's sure a lot of them.

      I guess the speed issue wasn't a big one for us, since we are running it
      on the intranet behind a firewall.

      Some of the influencing factors for the choice of Wiki for managing our
      external website is at...

      http://www.cefn.com/cefn/?OtherWikis

      ...and the external website for our research group will be visible
      externally at launch soon.

      Another component of that decision is connected to the 'geeky toys' like
      FlexibleSkin SessionPlugin PublishAddOn which work with TWiki.

      Cefn
      http://www.cefn.com/