6188Re: [decentralization] decentralized recognizability

    Nov 5, 2002
      On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Seth Russell wrote:
      > Hmmm ... so are you saying that someone could use their own real
      > signature to generate a digital signature?
      > In other words, instead of typing arbritrary key strokes to generate the
      > key, you just digitize an instance
      > of your signature. Then when it's played back, it looks like your real
      > signature? Is that possible?

      It seems to me that you could do that with image compression, where the
      target image size is the number of bytes in your key.

      On the other hand, I don't believe that this exact algorithm, the one from
      circle, would qualify. You'd have to have a different chunk of code for
      converting from bytes to an image.