6049Re: [decentralization] Re: Decentralised Meta-Data Search Strategies

    Aug 7, 2002
      Sam said:
      > I'm still not sure which
      > difference between FASD and Plesh you are trying to highlight. I
      > mean both FASD and Plesh allow you to specify some meta-data, perform
      > a search and then retrieve a URI, that URI can then be used in
      > another network to retrieve a document. In my understanding of the
      > term "overlay network" it applies to both Plesh and FASD.

      The difference I had in mind is that Plesh is a network dedicated to
      carrying metadata (even though it can also carry other data), while FASD
      has to cooexist with other uses of Freenet. I was wondering whether that
      focus would let Plesh optimize the topology, and the answer is no.
      Actually, FASD seems to have a more flexible search strategy.

      But I'll leave off with this until I get my real job taken care of and
      read the FASD paper all the way through during the weekend. Pretty
      interesting paper so far...