5985Re: [decentralization] Streamer

    Jul 3, 2002
      On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, Damien Stolarz wrote:
      > I really like the broadcast metaphor, even tangible broadcast.
      > Don't get rid of it.
      > Shared temporal interaction doesn't have to be bad.

      How temporal? How short a span? TV news can wait until 7 or 11, the
      papers can wait 24 hours, NPR rebroadcasts recorded segments in short
      loops. Most stuff has no need for instantaneous broadcast. If a news
      item would be worthy of interrupting your regularly scheduled programming,
      sure. Otherwise, this is a horseless carriage.
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic