5347Re: [decentralization] Web Bug Simulator for XML

    Mar 5, 2002
      You getting pushback from the paranoid, Dave?

      Any pushback WRT the idea that the hit counter is updated for every
      updated feed that manages to get a notification to the client, regardless
      of whether the client actually ends up reading the update? ...this is
      different from the standard evil email web bug, where it only gets
      invoked if the user reads the email.

      - Lucas

      > I just wrote a technical document about a new feature we deployed over the
      > weekend for Radio 8 users. It's called the Web Bug Simulator, because it
      > does for XML what web bugs do for HTML.
      >
      > http://www.xmlrpc.com/howTheWebBugSimulatorWorks
      >
      > Dave
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic