4732Re: [decentralization] uServ project

  • rahul@reno.cis.upenn.edu
    Dec 2, 2001
      Lucas,
      It would be better, IMHO, to reverse adressing. That is, email
      piggybacking on domain, and would provide a business opportunity for
      someone. The idea is simply to fix a domain, like nareau.net, and in
      userv style, do a rahul.nareau.net (actually, even better do a global
      [uuid].nareau.net where [uuid] maps to rahul in some local scope)

      Now do home@..., work@....
      Pointing to appropriate spheres of usage..
      The MX and SRV records
      could be appropriately pointed for email, web, gnutella, jabber-based
      on presence, using dynamic dns capabilities in bind 9.
      So mail would be forwarded(semi permanent), and web like stuff could be
      changed on demand..
      Rahul