4543RE: [decentralization] Groove centralizes

  • cefn.hoile@bt.com
    Nov 2, 2001
      From Todd: "Why do corporations work completely differently from the
      way open marketplaces function, within democratic society?"

      There is some interesting commentary in this area in the book 'The economic
      nature of the firm' (Louis Putterman ed.). The question is asked, why is the
      market/resource-constrained dynamic not used _within_ firms as a means of
      control? In other words, why are firms using command and control everywhere
      we look, and why are they not displaced by firms using market dynamics
      internally if its so efficient?

      Sadly I can't find my copy right now, otherwise I could give you some chunks
      from it.

      Anyway, the reference is available from...

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0521556287/o/qid=1004695081/sr=8-1/
      ref=sr_aps_b_1_1/202-7499022-5179008