3914Re: [decentralization] De-centralizing single sign on.

  • Tom Hume
    Sep 11, 2001
      At 07:52 02/09/2001 +0100, Julian Bond wrote:
      >There are a vast number of web sites that require an ID and password but
      >which have relatively low security requirements. It would make life
      >easier for users of those sites if they didn't have to retype all their
      >preferences and create a new ID and password.
      >What if the registration form or sign on form had three fields
      >1) ID
      >2) password
      >3) get my preferences from this URL
      >What's wrong with this picture?

      Requiring average users to know a URL where their preferences are stored.
      It needs to be more transparent than that.

      --
      Future Platforms :: http://www.futureplatforms.com/
      t +44 (0) 1273 699529 // m +44 (0) 7971 781422 // e tom@...