3816RE: [decentralization] De-centralizing single sign on.

  • Michael Herman (Parallelspace)
    Sep 2 4:41 PM
      Re: It's not very single-sign-on-y if I have to type my password at
      every site.

      ...and I'll bet most of us the same 1 or 2 passwords for *all* the web
      sites we need to login to.

      It was a huge eye-opener for me recently when I picked up my
      registration materials at a conference only find they were for a
      different Michael Herman and the conference organizer, in the spirit of
      being "helpful", printed our reg site password on the back of the name
      badges. I had the other person's personal password and they had mind
      ...not only for the reg site but for 80% of the other Internet sites I
      use. All of the reg clerks also had these passwords at their disposal.
      Very scary.

      "Weakest link" theory at work at its best. I can't wait for single
      sign-on for most of the sites I visit. I've been happy with the small
      number that use Passport.

      Cheers,
      Michael Herman
      CTO, Parallelspace Corporation