2727RE: [decentralization] WG, per Sergei Osokin

    Jun 2, 2001
      Zane Thomas said

      > Tony,
      >
      > > Open source developers pay their way with code, in the public
      > > interest.
      >
      > Sounds simply communistic, where do I sign up? I haven't had a
      > new car in years ..

      What nonsense.

      Zane -- your accomplishments are far beyond mine and I sincerely
      respect what you've done.
      http://www.mvps.org/vb/index2.html?vb4ht/authors.htm

      I often considered buying mabry products to include in my VB programs.
      Now, this is America and we're all entitled to opinions. I would submit,
      the "accomplishments" of the aftermarket community selling COM objects
      are really a sort of collaboration with the Microsoft monopoly itself.
      I.e., a commercial accomplishment that systematically captured all of
      the desktop automation market to the Windows operating system. Everything
      I need from a computer is available in linux. We would be a lot better
      off if all software was motivated by user needs rather than mega corps.
      systematically capturing and patenting every strategic bottleneck to
      collect rents.

      I wish Microsoft would just go away. The IP protections of software
      are crazy. They are dysfunctional. Society should just change them.
      We are all a victim of these crazy laws.

      > ... I should probably just go back to lurking now. This is a
      > really great mailing list and I don't mean to drag it down into the
      > ideological mud. :-)

      OK I will too.

      TOdd
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic