Re: [Debunking Debunkers] Digest Number 382

  • odd_empire
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 14, 2005
      > Hi Odd,
      > The South African information came from files sent to me by an
      abductee I
      > know in South Africa who is a UFO researcher. He has sent me a few
      dozen things
      > over the last few years and I saved them. The only site I actually
      visited on
      > anything he sent me was the SAUFOR site. www.geocities.com/saufor/
      SAUFOR -
      > SOUTH AFRICA'S UFO RESOURCE. I save stuff that I have use for, like in
      > answering posts, because I've had the experience that just saving a
      URL could take you
      > back to a site that is no longer there.
      > In jref I used a lot of my stored files to provide relevent
      information in
      > answer to questions there. I seldom answer a question with a question.
      > Art

      OK but, you must know that this is not evidence. By you're own
      statements you are acknowledging that you really don't know where this
      information comes from. So why even bother sending this stuff? I can
      download and print phone-books of this crap any time I like. There are
      web pages out there with millions of words of this exact same stuff.
      Every one else on the Internet can do the same so why do you think
      just sending more of this stuff out is going to convince anyone of
      anything?

      The best posts on JREF are short, punchy and have some support behind
      them. Like a reference to some accredited person or text. Not reams of
      unsupportable speculation -couched-as-fact. That's why the people on
      JREF could not take you seriously, because you are simply not very
      convincing.

      Be convincing and you can change the world.

      The Odd Emperor
      http://www.oddempire.org
    • John Beatty
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2005
        >The South African information came from files sent to
        me by an abductee I know in South Africa who is a UFO
        researcher.

        Was this individual a "resercher" BEFORE he was
        "abducted?" And what exactly is "researched" absent
        any physical evidence or traceable documentary source
        material?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John Beatty
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 15, 2005
          >The best posts on JREF are short, punchy and have
          some support behind them.

          What is this JREF place?

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • odd_empire
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 15, 2005
            --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, John Beatty
            <jdbeatty.geo@y...> wrote:

            > >The best posts on JREF are short, punchy and have
            > some support behind them.
            >
            > What is this JREF place?

            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            ...The James Randi Educational Foundation. A kind of
            skeptics hangout. Uniformly despised by believers everywhere.

            http://www.randi.org/

            The Odd Emperor
            http://www.oddempire.org