Re: Group question

  • odd_empire
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7 8:40 AM
      She wrote a popular book vs a journal article, I notice that she
      tends to grandstand her views a bit. I found some of her opinions to
      be a little biased. It's not a long book and doesn't really break any
      new ground.

      It's true that Psychology is not a hard science however it is
      considered a *science* (as apposed to an art or a pseudo-science.)

      I think it's important to focus on witnesses to abduction type events
      for no other reason than, that's all the evidence we seem to have.

      Clancy points out that the stories are not at all uniform but seem to
      be within the witnesses frame of reference, that's very suggestive
      that the prime force of the stories are coming from within a witness
      and not from an outside agency.

      Her book is not perfect by any stretch but I think it's a step in the
      right direction, only if people are really interested in finding the
      truth. Those that believe will not be happy with Clancy but, they are
      seldom happy with any systematic approach to the problem which might
      invalidate their claims.

      The Odd Emperor

      --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, John Beatty