Fwd: New term: skCeptic

  • natasha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2005
      --- In debunking_ufo_debunkers@yahoogroups.com, "natasha" <seaglow99@y...> wrote:
      --- In Forteans_and_Skeptics@yahoogroups.com, "natasha" <seaglow99@y...> wrote:
      LOL, just for fun. Words like skeptoid, randi bot,etc. have been used in attempts to
      distinguish the seemingly long dead true skeptic from the more rabid pathological skeptic,
      or debunker. Problems with that though, as we know. Not all irrational rationalists are
      debunkers, not all skeptism is debunkery, etc.

      No skeptic, skeptoid, debunker etc. likes the suggestion of using skeptic to mean the
      more rigid militaristic type, and sceptic, with a c, to denote the gentler skeptic. I'm fine
      with it, I think most Forteans and non-sketpics are, but as we know, just try bringing that
      up to skeptics, lol.

      So how about skCeptic? skCeptic to denote the more linear, black and white, rigid
      rationalist, who may or may not at times be about all out debunkery, but is certainly no
      peaceful and agreeable sceptic either.

      I like it!

      ~natasha
      --- End forwarded message ---