Re: Fwd: New "skeptics" forum needs us!

  • odd_empire
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      I think it would be a good idea, that "calm, civil, nice, intelligent,
      and INFORMED people join."

      Most skeptics *like* discussing this kind of stuff with believers. You
      might be able to assert your ideas but always be prepared for some
      counter-argument. If you think the folks over there are just going to
      let you set them straightÂ… well I don't think ramming ideas down their
      collective necks is going to work very well (which is exactly what
      your suggestion sounds like Natasha.)

      The Odd Emperor
      www.oddempire.org

      --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "natasha" <seaglow99@y...>
      wrote:

      > --- In debunking_ufo_debunkers@yahoogroups.com, "natasha"
      <seaglow99@y...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > New skeptics forum:
      >
      > http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=142
      >
      > Join the group and attempt to enlighten them. Oh, it's probably
      useless, and I suggest
      > just leaving if it turns ugly. Which, if there are any skeptoids
      about, you can bet your
      > sweet big toe it will. No, I am NOT suggesting or urging any type of
      "trolling" so any
      > debunker that's lurking here can stuff that idea back in their
      little hat.

      > What I am suggesting is that calm, civil, nice, intelligent, and
      INFORMED people join