Fwd: New "skeptics" forum needs us!

  • natasha
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      --- In debunking_ufo_debunkers@yahoogroups.com, "natasha" <seaglow99@y...>
      wrote:

      New skeptics forum:

      http://www.skepticforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=142

      Join the group and attempt to enlighten them. Oh, it's probably useless, and I suggest
      just leaving if it turns ugly. Which, if there are any skeptoids about, you can bet your
      sweet big toe it will. No, I am NOT suggesting or urging any type of "trolling" so any
      debunker that's lurking here can stuff that idea back in their little hat.

      What I am suggesting is that calm, civil, nice, intelligent, and INFORMED people join
      the new group and set them straight on a few things regarding the whole UFO arena.

      ~natasha
      --- End forwarded message ---
    • odd_empire
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
        I think it would be a good idea, that "calm, civil, nice, intelligent,
        and INFORMED people join."

        Most skeptics *like* discussing this kind of stuff with believers. You
        might be able to assert your ideas but always be prepared for some
        counter-argument. If you think the folks over there are just going to
        let you set them straightÂ… well I don't think ramming ideas down their
        collective necks is going to work very well (which is exactly what
        your suggestion sounds like Natasha.)

        The Odd Emperor
        www.oddempire.org

        --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "natasha" <seaglow99@y...>