new to List

  • gemamant
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 3:14 PM
      Hi, List~

      I wanted to introduce myself, since I'm a new member. I've
      had a long standing interest in parapsychology. Most of my journal
      articles have dealt with the topic of apparitions, haunts,
      poltergeists, as well as the psychology of paranormal belief and
      experience (and its measurement). This work utilizes Item Response
      Theory (IRT), which is an approach not even applied in most
      psychological research. One of these recent papers, on NDEs, was just
      published in the British Journal of Psychology
      (http://iris.ingentaselect.com/vl=6185436/cl=90/nw=1/rpsv/cw/bpsoc/000
      71269/v95n2/s3/p161)

      I'm an Associate Member of the Parapsychological Association, an
      Associate Editor for the Australian Journal of Parapsychology, and a
      Consulting Editor for the European Journal of Parapsychology. I co-
      edited an academic text with Rense Lange entitled Hauntings and
      Poltergeists: Multidisciplinary Perspectives (2001, McFarland & Co.,
      see I'm an Associate Member of the Parapsychological Association,
      an Associate Editor for the Australian Journal of Parapsychology, and
      a Consulting Editor for the European Journal of Parapsychology. I co-
      edited an academic text with Rense Lange entitled Hauntings and
      Poltergeists: Multidisciplinary Perspectives (2001, McFarland & Co.,
      go to:

      /0786409843/qid=1093385383/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-7062732-7244918?
      v=glance&s=books

      Contributors include: John Beloff, Hilary Evans, James McClenon, R.
      C. Finucane, Emily D. Edwards, Michael Persinger, Stan Koren, William
      G. Roll, Tony Lawrence, V. K. Kumar, Ron Pekala, Joe Nickell, Fatima
      Machado, Peter Brugger, and Gertrude Schmeidler.

      I look forward to interacting with you all.

      Best Wishes,

      James (Jim) Houran