Re: Cranknet.com

  • predawnlight
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      From: rubyhoney97402
      Date: Mon Nov 5, 2001 9:25 pm
      Subject: Cranknet.com

      Prior Post->>Found this link over on ausiepath's Yowie
      site:<br><br><a href=http://www.crank.net/index.html
      calls us all cranks...anyone, anyone at all who has any kind of
      paranormal etc. site but it's great reading for "fun" and has great
      links.<br><br>~ ruby >>

      ********
      Was just browsing through crank dot net's Psychic Links section, and
      noticed a blurb there which might interest you. ~ pd
      ********

      Debunking Debunkers 2002 Oct 04
      ... skepticism . UFOlogy . psychic phenomena . chemtrails ...
      "Go to just about any website that says it is a skeptic website.
      Expecting to find open minded, curious inquiry is rare. Instead you
      will often find someone stating how they are a proud skeptic, they
      use the term freely, and then go on to dismiss out of hand all
      paranormal experience as the lunatic rantings of whackjobs. True
      sceptisim [sic], in the sense of the Fortean Times new defintion, or
      even the traditional definition to be found in any dictionary, seems
      to be giving way to a strange new blend: what I
      call 'skeptibunkies,' or 'skeptibunkers.' In the two years or so
      that I've been involved in on-line paranormal forums, I've noticed a
      few things about Skeptics."

      http://www.crank.net/psychic.html

      One person's crank is another person's guru. What a world.

      Kind regards.