Re: Hey all!

  • thevirtualgreek
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 17, 2003
      --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby Honey"
      <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
      >> Really? Gee, I must have told you to come on over here and argue
      instead of trolling on my forum on delphi and
      > FPA. You should look into that short term memory loss thing you're
      experiening.

      You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning this
      place recently.

      > >>Raptor, if you really want to discuss a Randi commentary, I'd be
      > > happy to do it with you.>>
      >
      > Raptor, don't do it! It will only make you crazy.

      Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
      Randi. ;-)

      ~~ Paul
    • Ruby Honey
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17, 2003
        --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, thevirtualgreek
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby Honey"
        > <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
        > >> Really? Gee, I must have told you to come on over here and
        argue
        > instead of trolling on my forum on delphi and
        > > FPA. You should look into that short term memory loss thing
        you're
        > experiening.
        >
        > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning
        this
        > place recently.

        I'd be
        > > > happy to do it with you.>>
        > >
        > > Raptor, don't do it! It will only make you crazy.
        >
        > Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
        > Randi. ;-)
        >
        > ~~ Paul

        > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning
        this place recently.

        Sorry, a typo. My fault. I meant to say I DID, because, well, I did
        indeed. As I said, you should check into that short term memory
        loss of yours.

        >Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
        > Randi. ;-)

        You really need to figure out what "trolling" is. This is a
        "debunking debunkers" forum. So any post by a member here
        that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's tactics -- are
        not trolling. Sheesh.

        ~ ruby
      • thevirtualgreek
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 17, 2003
          <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
          > > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning
          > this place recently.
          >
          > Sorry, a typo. My fault. I meant to say I DID, because, well, I did
          > indeed. As I said, you should check into that short term memory
          > loss of yours.

          Perhaps you mentioned it right around the time you banned me, so I
          didn't see it. One way or the other, though, this would be a long-
          term memory issue, not short-term.

          > >Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
          > > Randi. ;-)
          >
          > You really need to figure out what "trolling" is. This is a
          > "debunking debunkers" forum. So any post by a member here
          > that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's tactics -- are
          > not trolling. Sheesh.

          So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the topic(s)
          of the forum, it's not trolling? That doesn't sound like the right
          definition of trolling. Anyhow, I'm not accusing him of trolling;
          note the smiley.

          ~~ Paul
        • Ruby Honey
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 17, 2003
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby Honey"
            > <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
            > > > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you
            mentioning
            > > this place recently.
            > >
            > > Sorry, a typo. My fault. I meant to say I DID, because, well, I
            did
            > > indeed. As I said, you should check into that short term
            memory
            > > loss of yours.
            >
            > Perhaps you mentioned it right around the time you banned
            me, so I
            > didn't see it. One way or the other, though, this would be a
            long-
            > term memory issue, not short-term.
            >
            > > >Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling
            about
            > > > Randi. ;-)
            > >
            > > You really need to figure out what "trolling" is. This is a
            > > "debunking debunkers" forum. So any post by a member
            here
            > > that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's tactics --
            are
            > > not trolling. Sheesh.
            >
            > So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the
            topic(s)
            > of the forum, it's not trolling? That doesn't sound like the right
            > definition of trolling. Anyhow, I'm not accusing him of trolling;
            > note the smiley.
            >
            > ~~ Paul

            > Perhaps you mentioned it right around the time you banned
            >me, so I > didn't see it. One way or the other, though, this would
            be along-> term memory issue, not short-term.

            Nope. Mentioned it to ya BEFORE I banned you. In fact, you
            replied. Depends how you define short time; a couple of weeks,
            a month, a day or two. How about "mid term?"

            > So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the
            topic(s)
            > of the forum, it's not trolling?
            What makes you think it's "hit and run?" What the hell is the
            matter with you?

            >Anyhow, I'm not accusing him of trolling;

            I thought you just did, see above.

            > note the smiley.
            Looked more like a sad frowny to me.

            ~ ruby
          • thevirtualgreek
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 17, 2003
              <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
              > Nope. Mentioned it to ya BEFORE I banned you. In fact, you
              > replied. Depends how you define short time; a couple of weeks,
              > a month, a day or two. How about "mid term?"

              Oh, if it was more than a few days ago, I'll certainly believe that I
              forgot about it. So many posts, so little brain. Heck, that
              Materialism thread over at JREF has pretty much done me in (how many
              ill-defined terms can you keep in your head at once?).

              > > So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the
              > topic(s)
              > > of the forum, it's not trolling?

              > What makes you think it's "hit and run?" What the hell is the
              > matter with you?

              I didn't say his was. I was questioning your general statement that a
              post relevant to the forum wouldn't be trolling ("So any post by a
              member here that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's
              tactics -- are not trolling.")

              > > note the smiley.
              > Looked more like a sad frowny to me.

              No, that's a winky, like this: ;-)

              ~~ Paul
            • paulcanagnostopoulos
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
                Hey folks. Just wandering around old groups and I see there is some
                confusion about the state of Ruby. Has anyone learned anything?

                ~~ Paul
              • paulcanagnostopoulos
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 26, 2005
                  Howdy ho! Hadn't been around in awhile, so I thought I'd join and say hi.

                  ~~ Paul
                • odd_empire
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 30, 2005
                    Hey-there Mr. Paul!

                    Pretty quiet around these parts. One fellow got into a small
                    conversation with Odd Emperor but he couldn't stick around.

                    Anyway, it might be off topic anyway, I'm not sure that I consider
                    myself a debunker, a critic sure, skeptic for sure but debunker? I
                    don't know.

                    But speaking of debunkers (or skeptics.) Anyone catch Aaron
                    Sakulich's interview with David Jacobs? It's kind of subtle
                    in its own way. In other ways it slams the point home with
                    considerable force and vigor.
                    Â…And he does this by letting Jacobs ramble, for
                    sixteen pages!

                    The Odd Emperor

                    --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "paulcanagnostopoulos"