Re: Hey all!

  • Ruby Honey
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 16 9:14 PM
      --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, thevirtualgreek <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Howdy ho. I didn't realize this group was active.
      >
      > Raptor, if you really want to discuss a Randi commentary, I'd be
      > happy to do it with you.
      >
      > ~~ Paul

      >>I didn't realize this group was active.<<<

      Really? Gee, I must have told you to come on over here and argue instead of trolling on my forum on delphi and
      FPA. You should look into that short term memory loss thing you're experiening.

      >>Raptor, if you really want to discuss a Randi commentary, I'd be
      > happy to do it with you.>>

      Raptor, don't do it! It will only make you crazy.

      ~ ruby
    • thevirtualgreek
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 17 4:19 AM
        --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby Honey"
        <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
        >> Really? Gee, I must have told you to come on over here and argue
        instead of trolling on my forum on delphi and
        > FPA. You should look into that short term memory loss thing you're
        experiening.

        You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning this
        place recently.

        > >>Raptor, if you really want to discuss a Randi commentary, I'd be
        > > happy to do it with you.>>
        >
        > Raptor, don't do it! It will only make you crazy.

        Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
        Randi. ;-)

        ~~ Paul
      • Ruby Honey
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 17 12:10 PM
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby Honey"
          > <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
          > >> Really? Gee, I must have told you to come on over here and
          argue
          > instead of trolling on my forum on delphi and
          > > FPA. You should look into that short term memory loss thing
          you're
          > experiening.
          >
          > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning
          this
          > place recently.

          I'd be
          > > > happy to do it with you.>>
          > >
          > > Raptor, don't do it! It will only make you crazy.
          >
          > Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
          > Randi. ;-)
          >
          > ~~ Paul

          > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning
          this place recently.

          Sorry, a typo. My fault. I meant to say I DID, because, well, I did
          indeed. As I said, you should check into that short term memory
          loss of yours.

          >Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
          > Randi. ;-)

          You really need to figure out what "trolling" is. This is a
          "debunking debunkers" forum. So any post by a member here
          that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's tactics -- are
          not trolling. Sheesh.

          ~ ruby
        • thevirtualgreek
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 17 12:46 PM
            <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
            > > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you mentioning
            > this place recently.
            >
            > Sorry, a typo. My fault. I meant to say I DID, because, well, I did
            > indeed. As I said, you should check into that short term memory
            > loss of yours.

            Perhaps you mentioned it right around the time you banned me, so I
            didn't see it. One way or the other, though, this would be a long-
            term memory issue, not short-term.

            > >Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling about
            > > Randi. ;-)
            >
            > You really need to figure out what "trolling" is. This is a
            > "debunking debunkers" forum. So any post by a member here
            > that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's tactics -- are
            > not trolling. Sheesh.

            So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the topic(s)
            of the forum, it's not trolling? That doesn't sound like the right
            definition of trolling. Anyhow, I'm not accusing him of trolling;
            note the smiley.

            ~~ Paul
          • Ruby Honey
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 17 1:12 PM
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "Ruby Honey"
              > <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
              > > > You "must have" or you did? I don't remember you
              mentioning
              > > this place recently.
              > >
              > > Sorry, a typo. My fault. I meant to say I DID, because, well, I
              did
              > > indeed. As I said, you should check into that short term
              memory
              > > loss of yours.
              >
              > Perhaps you mentioned it right around the time you banned
              me, so I
              > didn't see it. One way or the other, though, this would be a
              long-
              > term memory issue, not short-term.
              >
              > > >Do it, Raptor! You wouldn't want to be caught just trolling
              about
              > > > Randi. ;-)
              > >
              > > You really need to figure out what "trolling" is. This is a
              > > "debunking debunkers" forum. So any post by a member
              here
              > > that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's tactics --
              are
              > > not trolling. Sheesh.
              >
              > So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the
              topic(s)
              > of the forum, it's not trolling? That doesn't sound like the right
              > definition of trolling. Anyhow, I'm not accusing him of trolling;
              > note the smiley.
              >
              > ~~ Paul

              > Perhaps you mentioned it right around the time you banned
              >me, so I > didn't see it. One way or the other, though, this would
              be along-> term memory issue, not short-term.

              Nope. Mentioned it to ya BEFORE I banned you. In fact, you
              replied. Depends how you define short time; a couple of weeks,
              a month, a day or two. How about "mid term?"

              > So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the
              topic(s)
              > of the forum, it's not trolling?
              What makes you think it's "hit and run?" What the hell is the
              matter with you?

              >Anyhow, I'm not accusing him of trolling;

              I thought you just did, see above.

              > note the smiley.
              Looked more like a sad frowny to me.

              ~ ruby
            • thevirtualgreek
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 17 1:39 PM
                <rubyhoney97402@y...> wrote:
                > Nope. Mentioned it to ya BEFORE I banned you. In fact, you
                > replied. Depends how you define short time; a couple of weeks,
                > a month, a day or two. How about "mid term?"

                Oh, if it was more than a few days ago, I'll certainly believe that I
                forgot about it. So many posts, so little brain. Heck, that
                Materialism thread over at JREF has pretty much done me in (how many
                ill-defined terms can you keep in your head at once?).

                > > So as long as a hit and run sort of post is relevant to the
                > topic(s)
                > > of the forum, it's not trolling?

                > What makes you think it's "hit and run?" What the hell is the
                > matter with you?

                I didn't say his was. I was questioning your general statement that a
                post relevant to the forum wouldn't be trolling ("So any post by a
                member here that does just that -- example, posts about Randi's
                tactics -- are not trolling.")

                > > note the smiley.
                > Looked more like a sad frowny to me.

                No, that's a winky, like this: ;-)

                ~~ Paul
              • paulcanagnostopoulos
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 29, 2004
                  Hey folks. Just wandering around old groups and I see there is some
                  confusion about the state of Ruby. Has anyone learned anything?

                  ~~ Paul
                • paulcanagnostopoulos
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 26, 2005
                    Howdy ho! Hadn't been around in awhile, so I thought I'd join and say hi.

                    ~~ Paul
                  • odd_empire
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 30, 2005
                      Hey-there Mr. Paul!

                      Pretty quiet around these parts. One fellow got into a small
                      conversation with Odd Emperor but he couldn't stick around.

                      Anyway, it might be off topic anyway, I'm not sure that I consider
                      myself a debunker, a critic sure, skeptic for sure but debunker? I
                      don't know.

                      But speaking of debunkers (or skeptics.) Anyone catch Aaron
                      Sakulich's interview with David Jacobs? It's kind of subtle
                      in its own way. In other ways it slams the point home with
                      considerable force and vigor.
                      Â…And he does this by letting Jacobs ramble, for
                      sixteen pages!

                      The Odd Emperor

                      --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, "paulcanagnostopoulos"