Re: How to expose a debunker "hive" for what they are really are!

  • Ruby Honey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2002
      Thanks robert for posting this. It's sort of like a troll forum. That's what a lot of bunkheads do; get onto "pro"
      paranormal lists, forums, etc. and cause all kinds of trouble. When I was moderator here, it happened; it's happened
      over at DD Zen Thing on Delphi, and DD Two, which I had to close because of the troll headed bunkheads.

      These pseudo - skeptics, debunkers, come into fortean type forums and instead of engaging in authentic exchange
      and discussion of the paranormal, UFOs, etc. they just push their own agenda, throwing their debunking weight
      around. Then o f course, they complain when you tell 'em to knock it off, because you're being, of course, simply
      ignorant, fuzzy headed, and all the rest of the standard debunking phrases. They also see themselves as doing a
      great service unto humankind. They are trying to educate all us poor, deluded, attention seeking "true believers," as
      well as help us along in our little forums, because after all, without the likes of them, it'll all just be "preaching to the
      choir." Aren't these skepti-bunkers cute when they get all smug and snooty like? LOL.

      When you don't swallow that load of bile, they then get angry and really go for it, insult you, never ever apologize --
      including when you can PROVE it to their face they did indeed say something -- get really downright nasty. When you
      point out that sorry, they are indeed, at the very least if not outright trolls, certainly "trollish," and use the example of
      how you wouldn't go into a religious or a political forum, say, and start arguing like mad, attacking people's
      intelligence, they ignore you. That's another of their tactics. They simply ignore the points they want to, are extremely
      stubborn, and highly tenacious. They're like terriers in need of Prozac.

      Oh no, though, they aren't TROLLS or anything though.

      Then you finally get fed up and kick them off, and they quickly complain to each other on all the skeptic boards, come
      back in in your forum under a different name, and it starts all over again.

      And all this because you believe in ghosts, or the possibility Bigfoot exists. My, what power we must have!

      ~ ruby