Re: [Debunking Debunkers] CSICOP and their agenda...

  • > Rush <
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2002
      >>I don't see how something being "dated" invalidates the points it makes.
      The Civil War is "dated" does that make it an invalid topic for study? I'd
      also hardly call the sTarbaby "incident" "misleading." Unless, of course,
      you mean the misleading done on the part of CSICOP. And yes, you're right,
      people still love to quote it.<<

      I was referring to the Randi/Geller suit that guy wrote about. He didn't
      tell the whole story. But I don't hear people mentioning how those involved
      in starbaby have learned over the years, or anything else. They hold it up
      as a shining "AH-HA!" but never realize that it means very little. Either
      there is evidence for a position, or there isn't. Everyone is welcome to
      choose.

      As I have said before. If a skeptic "believes" in a position, then he is no
      better than believers, and actually, a bit worse. But he is no longer a
      skeptic. Some "skeptics" believe in god for chrissake.

      Cordially,
      Rush

      "Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We
      WANT them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch
      of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it...
      There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is
      the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough
      criminals one MAKES them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it
      becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a
      nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just
      pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or
      objectively interpreted--and you create a nation of law-breakers--and then
      you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system Mr. Reardon, that's the game,
      and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with." -Ayn Rand,
      Atlas Shrugged