Labels

  • ramnova
    Message 1 of 4419 , Jan 31, 2002
      >> Why the assumption that a so-called
      "believer"...."believes" in everything, anything considered
      "unscientific?"<<<br> Don't make assumptions on my behalf, I'm asking
      what the beliefs are based on. It is often only
      personal experiences. It was a direct, sincere, question.
      we need to findsomething better)<<<br> That, I
      think, may be half of the problem. Too many damned
      labels. Pick your own, I don't want one.
      tempered by common sense and a lack of fanaticism,
      superstition, or zeolotry.<<<br> I understand that there
      are different belief systems. I'm just curious what,
      if not personal experiences, would inspire a
      person's professed beliefs? I had been pleased to come
      across several of the well-spoken and intelligent women
      involved in these discussions. I don't consider them to be
      poor, deluded creatures.<br> <br> >>But this
      aspect seems to escape a lot of skeptics; it's all one
      and the same, as far as they're
      concerned.<<<br> You make the same all-encompassing statements, in
      the same breath, you are in contradiction. I think
      _someone_ has to define reality, in whatever current
      understanding we have of it. <br> <br> Anyway, it's late, and I
      am 'working' on taxes for my every known relative
      this year...Ruth
    • fengshuip
      Message 4419 of 4419 , May 16 6:14 AM
        James
        it is the response of the skeptics to Vaughan, nothing less nothing
        more.

        Paulo

        --- In debunkingdebunkers@yahoogroups.com, James Dawson
        <jamesndawson@...> wrote:

        > Paulo:
        >
        > This is one of the most tangled, confusing, out-of-context
        internt forum messages I've come across.

        href=http://www.onereed.com/articles/debunk.html
        > target=new>http://www.onereed.com/articles/debunk.html</a><br><a
        > href=http://www.onereed.com/articles/rebunk.html

        > Hi
        >
        > You should read their response to her in Ā«rebunking the debunkersĀ»
        at
        > www.astrology-and-science.com
        >
        > paulo

        Service.